Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Company Outing In Batangas

The Outing at the Palm Beach Resort in Batangas


April 2008: I arrived from the States on a Friday and on Saturday our company had a 2 day outing in Batangas at the beach. Quite an affair... I did find it unusual to participate in an overnite company-wide event... We left Ortigas around 9 in the morning headed for Batangas...


Between the employees and their family members, we filled 2 buses...




Typical Philippine Countryside


After a 4 hour journey, we arrived at the resort, Palm Beach Resort... It sure is a beautiful spot and it looks like a good time for everyone...



Here are the Casitas that we partied in... The attendant staff would bring drinks, place settings, whatever your requirements were, they were happy to see to them....


Room assignments were next.... This is the building that I stayed in...The rooms are well maintained, and nice. With usual amenities like refrigerator, televisions, etc. Verandas in all rooms and a good view of the beach while relaxing and reading your favorite book. I was on the 2nd floor... The comfort rooms (bathrooms) are clean with hot and cold showers.
After checking in and eating lunch, everyone relaxed...




We even had a small rainbow (look closely, I said it was small... LOL...).....


The grills were started and we all enjoyed fresh grilled seafood for appetizers...




Green Mussels (tahong) on the grill.... Mmmmmmmm good....


Check out those teeth.... Sure glad I am the one doing the eating.....!!

After dinner, the party started in earnest and ended around 5am...



Fortunately, I had just arrived from the States and my sleep pattern dictated that I make an early departure from the evenings festivities (jet lag)...


.....so I awoke Sunday morning feeling refreshed and ready to go....



I spent the morning snorkeling and then it was time for our 6 hour adventure to get home...!!!





Sunday afternoons traveling north to Manila is a guaranteed traffic jam...



WE finally made it back to Ortigas, ready to head to work the next morning.

No comments: